Home Compilations Events Contact Us

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

NEW SOUNDS: THE BROTHERS MOVEMENT

Some people seem to really like the new VERVE record, and I'm a huge fan of theirs but I must admit it's slightly adult contemporary. I miss the old Richard and band, with some darkness, some sadness, not just songs about "Love is this, Love is that" - kind of a snore. That's why when I popped in the full length, self-titled CD by Dublin's THE BROTHERS MOVEMENT, I felt like an old friend returned, that there was a new Verve, and that all was ok.

Beyond just The Verve, you get the best of early OASIS, and touches of JESUS & MARY CHAIN and SPACEMEN 3. Yeah, I just referenced all those bands, big words indeed, and this record has the mustard to back it up. I'm kicking myself for missing their set on Friday night in Dublin, but who knew? Then I come to find out later that this band was formerly a band I used to really like - MAINLINE. It all started adding up, but what's better is that The Brothers Movement have made an album that's twice as good as anything the old collective had created. After speaking with their manager, I heard they've been burned a few times by the dirty music "industry", all those dirty fudgers with grubby paws. They seem to have used those experiences to make an album so good, I've already shared it with 10 people.

My next step is to figure out how the hell to get them to the US.


THE BROTHERS MOVEMENT
FROM: Dublin, Ireland
MYSPACE: http://www.myspace.com/thebrothersmovement
Unsigned

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous buy zenegra online said...

Hi,
THE BROTHERS MOVEMENTis really awesome.. I like it..Thanks for sharing.

3:00 AM  

Post a Comment