Home Compilations Events Contact Us

Thursday, October 26, 2006

C.S.S. @ THE ECHO TONIGHT



Because it has taken me SOOOOOOOOOOO long to get FUTURE SOUNDS 25 out (Coming soon), I've had to change it a number of times just to keep it fresh. Originally I had C.S.S. and their track, 'Alala' on the compilation because I love this Brazilian group. They seem to be online darlings, but it hasn't penetrated the masses at all, and although I'm thrilled for a purely selfish reason, I'm confused because I think they should be everywhere. These Brazilian girls are taking Baile Funk to the next level, and as usual of late, Sub Pop is on it. The record was just released in the US in September, but singles have been floating around for some time. The whole record takes MIA and flips her. Their name means ‘tired of being sexy’ in Portuguese, but these five girls (and one guy drummer) show everything from fashion to style to funk.

Rockinsider has some tracks to download in case you're living under a rock and haven't heard them.

The good news is that they are playing tonight in LA (Echo Park actually). Hell Ya! is presenting Cansei De Ser Sexy with Grand Ole Party.

C.S.S. - http://myspace.com/canseidesersexy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment