Home Compilations Events Contact Us

Friday, September 08, 2006

WATCH OUT FOR THE VOOM BLOOMS



BAND: THE VOOM BLOOMS

So I'm getting really close to having FUTURE SOUNDS 25 completed, and it's the strongest yet by far. It's so strong, that bands like THE KLAXONS and this band, THE VOOM BLOOMS, didn't make the cut. I've decided to do them justice anyway by helping spread the word about this Loughborough (UK) band that has been showing up on plenty of UK radio playlists, but nothing here in the US yet. The single that grabbed me is actually their second single, "Anna" that will be released on a limited 7” on September 18th by the band's own label, 23 Recordings. This song gets me going in that jumpy kinda DEXY'S MIDNIGHT RUNNERS kinda way, but it's still unkept, surly, and rough around the edges. Maybe not the freshest sound you've ever heard, but listen to it once or twice and you'll be singing "now that Anna's my darling we just dance all night!" Check it out for yourself.

I did some googlin' and found the song, "Anna" available for download, HERE. (thanks Exitfare)

THE VOOM BLOOMS - http://www.thevoomblooms.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment